1. Can I apply for the WINTOUR master if I have not received my diploma or have not graduated yet?
The answer depends on which is the country where you come from/have studied:
- Students from Programme countries that are in the final year of Bachelor degree are allowed to apply for the programme (if they accomplish certain requirements in terms of number of credits done at the moment of application). Applicants in this situation should be able to send their diploma (or a document certifying that they have paid for it) no later than July.
- Students from Partner countries must have completed university bachelor or master's degree/s (at least 180 ECTS) and document that they have graduated to apply for the programme. Hence, if you expect to finish your studies later than the deadline for applications, you can not participate in the current call for applications.
2. Which level of English language proficiency is required to apply for the WINTOUR master? Which certifications are accepted?
We do expect that candidates have a good command of the English language that enables them to communicate well at an academic level. The level of English proficiency should be at least B2, using the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages scale. English skills must be documented with the qualification of a recent English test. Accepted certifications: Cambridge ESOL, IELTS (Academic type), TOEFL (only iBT or pBT, ITP is not accepted), PTE (Academic), and APTIS British Council.
3. Can I still apply for WINTOUR if my language examination results in English are lower than specified in the requirements?
No. Applicants with scores lower than the minimum requirement will not be considered for selection.
4. Are there any cases when candidates are exempt from documenting their English skills?
All applicants should certify their English skills (minimum B2) with a recent English test certification unless they meet one of the following requirements:
- Nationals from the USA, Canada (English speaking part), United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
- Applicants having obtained a Bachelor's Degree in a university based in the USA, Canada (English speaking part), United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
- Applicants with minimum one year of study at a university in the USA, Canada (English speaking part), United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand (the language of instruction must have been English).
- Applicants having obtained a Bachelor's Degree with a major in the English language (e.g. BA in English or BA in Translation).
5. Do I have to speak Catalan, Spanish, French or Portuguese in order to participate in the WINTOUR programme?
The language of instruction of the WINTOUR master is English. Other language skills/certificates are not compulsory. However, selection committee evaluates positively that candidates have other languages skills (such as Spanish, French or Portuguese, the languages of the countries where the course takes place). WINTOUR students are given the opportunity to study local languages during the first three semesters).
6. Do I need to have previous experience to apply to WINTOUR master?
It is not compulsory to have previous experience in the fields of Wine and Tourism, although it is a valuable asset and a crucial element during the selection process.