1. Can I apply for the WINTOUR master if I have not received my diploma or have not graduated yet?

The answer depends on which is the country where you have studied the Bachelor's degree:

2. I have studied in a university based outside of the European Union, how do I know if my Bachelor degree credits are equivalent to 180 ECTS?

ECTS credits are a standard means for comparing the "volume of learning based on the defined learning outcomes and their associated workload" for higher education across the European Union and other collaborating European countries. Other countries have different credit systems and so the conversion/correspondence of credits to the ECTS system varies.  

To find out this information either you can ask your former university or you can contact the European Union department in your country via e-mail. If none of these possibilities is available, you can send your Bachelor’s diploma and transcript of records to apply.wintour@urv.cat and we will verify if it meets the ECTS requirements.

3. Which level of English language proficiency is required to apply for the WINTOUR master? Which certifications are accepted?

We do expect that candidates have a good command of the English language that enables them to communicate well at an academic level. The level of English proficiency should be at least B2, using the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages scale. Accepted certifications: Cambridge (ESOL and Linguaskill - all competencies), IELTS (Academic type and Indicator), TOEFL (only iBT, pBT, Home Edition or Essentials; ITP is not accepted), PTE (Academic), and APTIS British Council. Only certificates with a 2-year validity at the time of application will be accepted.

4. Can I still apply for WINTOUR if my language examination results in English are lower than specified in the requirements?

No. Applicants with scores lower than the minimum requirement will not be considered for selection.

5. Are there any cases when candidates are exempt from documenting their English skills?

All applicants must certify their English skills (minimum B2 level) with an official English certification that meets the requirements stated above unless they meet one of the following requirements:

Note that pursuing Bachelor studies (not related to English Linguistics or Translation) with English as language of instruction is not considered above.

6. Do I have to speak Catalan, Spanish, French or Portuguese in order to participate in the WINTOUR programme?

The language of instruction of the WINTOUR master is English. Other language skills/certificates are not compulsory. However, selection committee evaluates positively that candidates have other languages skills (such as Spanish, French or Portuguese, the languages of the countries where the course takes place). WINTOUR students are given the opportunity to study local languages during the first three semesters.

7. Do I need to have previous experience to apply for the WINTOUR master?

It is not compulsory to have previous experience in the fields of Wine and Tourism, although it is a valuable asset and a crucial element during the selection process.