Who can become an EMA member?
In general EMA members are students and alumni from Erasmus Mundus Joint Programmes, mainly Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMDs) and formerly also Erasmus Mundus Joint PhD Degrees. Over the years, and to be more inclusive, its membership base has been extended slightly and the following membership types exist: Ordinary members, Affiliate members, and Honorary members.
Being a WINTOUR student does not only offer great opportunities in academic terms, but also permits to get access to the global network of Erasmus Mundus alumni.
The Erasmus Mundus Students and Alumni Association (EMA) is a professional and personal international network of more than 12,000 students and graduates of Erasmus Mundus programmes from +170 countries. As an organization, EMA aims to:
- Become a forum for networking, communication and collaboration.
- Provide EMA members with opportunities to contribute to EMA & their EMJMDs, to society, benefiting from the personal skills they have acquired through their participation in an EMJMD.
- Represent the students and alumni of EMJMDs and give them a place of opportunity where they can share ideas and expertise.
- Support and foster research, innovation, cooperation and encouraging members to take part in democracy.
- Empower the changemakers of tomorrow.
For more details, visit the EMA Home Page
EMA GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2019
The WINTOUR Master had student representation in the 2019 EMA General Assembly. The assembly took place in Vienna from 22 to 25 February 2019 and it served as a platform to talk about the future of EMJMD and Erasmus.
This event counted with presentations of Master and PhD programmes, where the students and alumni were gathered in the Erasmus Mundus Association but there was also place for open discussion about how current and prospective students as well as alumni can contribute to the visibility, promotion and development of EMA and the Erasmus Mundus programme.
The International Master on Wine Tourism Innovation