The EU renews the International Master's degree on Wine Tourism Innovation (WINTOUR) for 4 editions more!
Monday, 2 July 2018
The first WINTOUR intake (2017-18) has completed the full programme and graduated from the oenotourism master's degree that awards scholarships aimed especially at students from non-EU countries.
WINTOUR is a master's degree coordinated by the URV and is taught in association with the universities of Porto and Bordeaux. In the latest edition of the Erasmus Mundus call, the European Commission has selected WINTOUR along with 41 other postgraduate studies to be funded, out of the 110 that were presented. This will allow this master to offer 60 EMJMD grants for four more promotions from 2019-21 untill 2022-2023. 75% of these will be destined to students from countries that are not members of the EU and the remaining 25% will go to European students. The scholarship covers the enrollment of the two years of the master's degree, a monthly grant of one thousand euros, among others.
The EU investiment will also be devoted to activities that add value to the master's degree, such as the three internships students make during their teaching, asl well as visits and field trips that take place at the producing regions of the three participating countries: Spain, Portugal and France.
The WINTOUR Master's degree began in 2016-17 as part of the Erasmus Mundus program and is one of the most popular programmes at the URV. This year only, it has received around 300 pre-enrollments for the 2018-19 course, 25 of which have been selected from 20 different nationalities, who will begin the classes next September.
The graduation ceremony of the first intake of the master's degree was held on June 30, at an event in the Mas Rabell restaurant of Torres winery, in Sant Martí Sarroca. The first 25 students of WINTOUR were sponsored by Albert Mas, Professor of Nutrition and Bromatology and member of the teaching team.