Workshop La Rioja "The land with the name of wine"
9th to 11th of December 2020
Even though WINTOUR 5.0 students are unable to travel to attend La Rioja Workshop in person during these times, WINTOUR is adapting and bringing an online learning platform with the aim to:
- Gain understanding of the wine region of DOCa La Rioja and how coordination and quality controls have led to the region becoming the top-selling and the most recognised in Spain.
- Learn about the strategy of a region where wine tourism is the primary tourism offering.
- Learn about the strategy of wineries for promoting wine tourism.
- Get to know good practices in La Rioja about the use of heritage, wine culture and landscape to create tourism products/experiences.
- Discuss recent challenges of wine/wine tourism communication in times of COVID.
La Rioja stands as one of the most important wine regions around the world and it is also a pioneer Spanish wine tourism region which the students couldn't dare to miss. The workshop includes a variety of presentations about the wine tourism strategy of the region and some of its best-known wineries (Vivanco, Bodegas Ysios, Campo Viejo, Asociación de Bodegas del Barrio de la Estación de Haro), as well as tasting activities of DOCa Rioja wines (including, for instance, Bodegas Bilbaínas, Muga, Gómez Cruzado, etc.).
Check out the full program of activities and links to the companies and organizations participating in the event.