Culinary and Wine Tourism Conference 2017
From 18 to 21 October 2017
IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems, in collaboration with the German Society for Tourism Research (DGT) and Vienna University of Applied Sciences (FHWien), will be hosting the 3rd Culinary and Wine Tourism Conference (CWTC17). The conference venue is located one hour west of Vienna in the UNESCO World Heritage Wachau Danube Valley.
CWTC17 invites scholars from all over the world. It provides an opportunity for tourism researchers, interested practitioners and young academics to exchange research, ideas and practical experiences regarding culinary and wine tourism. New and emerging directions in research and practice in this field will be presented and discussed. CWTC17 closes with a culinary field trip to Vienna (Saturday, October 21st).
The scientific committee welcomes theoretical and applied research contributions in the form of extended, structured abstracts.
Examples for relevant topics include the following:
- Products - microeconomic aspects, profitability of culinary and/or wine tourism products, innovation, legal aspects, marketing strategies and special offers of tourism organizations and vintners.
- Tourists - different segments of culinary/wine tourists, attitudes/values/preferences as well as customer journey aspects, consumer behavior / insights and destination choice, emotional attachments and brand/place bonding.
- Regions - co-operations / partnerships in regions, added value, macroeconomic effects, destination development, marketing, industry structure / analysis, legal aspects, marketing strategies.
- Experiences - experiential consumption and innovative culinary experiences, cultural aspects, fascination of culinary and/or wine tourism, passion & sensuality, storytelling, history and tradition of culinary and/or wine tourism.
- Contemporary Issues - wine architecture, sustainability, blogging, social media, eMarketing, culinary and wine related media ventures.
The conference also welcomes papers addressing other significant advances related to culinary and wine tourism.
The conference language is English. All accepted contributions need to be presented at the conference by at least one of the authors. All submissions will be double blind peer reviewed prior to the event. Presentations of 15 minutes each will be grouped in thematic sessions.
- Submission Deadline for Abstracts: March 31st
- Acceptance notification: May 31st
- Early bird registration: June 30th
- Registration deadline: September 15th
- Conference fees: Early bird special: 265,- Regular registration: 325,-
DGT members: 225,-
The conference offers:
- High quality scientific sessions (Thursday, October 19th and Friday October 20th) with peer-reviewed contributions.
- Publication opportunity in a Special Issue of the Journal of Gastronomy and Tourism (GAT)*
- Pre-Conference (Wednesday, October 18th): information about our COST action and the "Culinary Tourism Research Network" incl. possibility to join the network and meet-up.
- Welcome reception Wednesday evening and conference networking dinner
- Workshops and presentations from practitioners to discover, regional food & drinks as well as local, innovative, culinary & tourism concepts.
- A field trip featuring culinary experiences in Vienna (extra charge).
*All contributors to the CWTC17 are invited to publish full papers in the Journal of Gastronomy and Tourism, a multidisciplinary journal inviting research contributions that imaginatively and comprehensively investigate dimensions of food and eating in relation to travel and tourism.